KYANNA Black Nurses Scholarship
KYANNA Black Nurses Association offers scholarships to African-American students enrolled in a nursing program. Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
1.Enrolled in a pre-licensure registered nurse or licensed practical nurse program, bridge program (LPN-RN/ ASN-BSN) or a graduate nursing program.
2.Member of KYANNA/NBNA (membership paid by March 31 each year.
3.Actively enrolled in the nursing major and taking classroom and clinical classes taught by nursing faculty.
4.Cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher.
5. Attend a college/university in Jefferson County, Frankfort, Elizabethtown in KY or Floyd and Clark counties in southern Indiana.
6. Submit an completed application packet for the Scholarship
7.Submit two letters of recommendation from nursing faculty (or you may submit one from nursing faculty and one from your academic advisor) supporting your character and academic potential.
8. Submit a transcript from your college or university of the most recent semester (official or unofficial).
9.Submit a short essay (250 words or less) on why you have selected nursing as your career choice and discuss involvement in community service.
Send packet to:
KYANNA Black Nurses Association of Louisville
Nursing Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 3501
Louisville, Kentucky 40201
Click here for application
Outstanding Nurse Awards
KYANNA would like to pay tribute to outstanding African American and minority nurses who have demonstrated excellence and achievements in the areas of nursing leadership, research, community involvement / advocacy, long-term care, clinical practice, and nursing education. Please take a moment to identify and nominate potential recipients for these awards below.
· Licensed LPN, RN, or APRN
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in nursing
· Exhibits excellence and achievement in his/ her nursing area
Awardee should be present at our Annual Leadership and Scholarship Event to receive the award.